UEFA Club Competition Landscape Report – 2019
La prima edizione del UEFA Club Competition Landscape Report esamina nel dettaglio gli 80 club che giocheranno nelle fasi a gironi della UEFA Champions League e della UEFA Europa League di questa stagione.
Il report è stato elaborato dal UEFA’s Intelligence Centre e si compone di dati, ricerche e analisi. Mostra le tendenze tra i club che prenderanno parte alle due competizioni continentali, sia in termini di prestazioni sul campo che di benchmark fuori dal campo.
Tra gli approfondimenti, nella sezione dei profili dei club, emerge che gli 80 club partecipanti hanno riportato ricavi combinati per € 11,7 miliardi e profitti operativi di € 817 milioni nei loro rapporti più recenti nell’ultima stagione e che hanno coperto il 58% della spesa globale per i trasferimenti questa estate.
• The 80 clubs were responsible for 58% of all global transfer spending;
• At €3,980m, summer transfer spending was 55% higher than summer 2018 For the whole of Europe, transfer spending was 29% up on last summer and 19% up on the previous record 2017 summer;
• Forwards and defenders were the most transferred players this summer, combining equally for 70% of all transfers;
• Some 43% of the participating clubs have made their club record signing this summer;
• Players aged between 21 and 24 years accounted for almost half of all transfers at 47%;
• In contrast, only 7% of the summer’s transfers were of players over 28;
Other facts revealed in the report include:
• 16 different kit manufactures have produced the kits of the 80 clubs;
• Real Madrid have the most followers on social media with 222 million followers at the time of the report and UEFA Champions League success helped Liverpool become the most visited club website across the last year;
• The 80 participating clubs had 8.4 billion social media interactions (likes, shares or comments) between June 2018 and June 2019;
• The group stages will feature 24 different stadiums of 50,000+ capacity with an average capacity of 41,278;
• The 80 clubs have invested €971m in club facilities in the past 12 months;
• The average age of the head coaches of the 80 participating clubs is 48.6;